Saturday, December 29, 2012

Putting it All Together


I wrote a HUGE post yesterday, and took ALL my surfing time doing so.  I have other things I want to do online, but I just MUST talk about one piece I finished today, so here I am again.

This really will be kept brief!

I fuse glass, I bead, I do lots of things….. I am now starting to combine them!

You have read my stories about millefiori and fusing, and my stories about beading… well, here is a new twist!

mil·le·fi·o·ri
noun /ˌmiləˈôrē/
A kind of ornamental glass in which a number of glass rods of different sizes and colors are fused together and cut into sections that form various patterns, typically embedded in colorless transparent glass to make items such as paperweights

In August, I bought a bunch of millefiori from Murano Millefiori.  I talked to the woman who owns and/or runs the place and she seemed very nice. 

Also in August, I created a bunch of fused pieces with the millefiori.  You can read my August 12th blog post for more of that story.  Here are some of the pieces that I created:



My original plan was for the matching pieces to be earrings, and the single piece to be an accompanying pendant.  Simple, but nice.

Over the last week, I took those pieces and put bails on them.  Somehow, I started thinking about trying something and played around with putting two bails (one on each side) of the matching pieces AND one a couple other complementary pieces that were also supposed to be earrings.

Today, I made a trip to Joann’s and bought some findings.

A few wire cuts and twists later….



I can find a dozen flaws with it – including that I used the wrong COE glass with the millefiori and there is cracking.  However, my favorite millefiori place is now carrying 104 COE (same as the millefiori) sheet glass!  Small sheets, but I’ve ordered a bunch of them.  Millefiori jewelry coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment