Sunday, December 25, 2011

Update on Projects

In between a Victorian Christmas dinner and burning my hand pretty badly, I managed to get some work in on my to do list of projects.  Most of my every day sewing takes place at my dinning room table.  Due to the large Christmas dinner, I had to clean off the table.  This actually allowed me to sort out and prioritize things a bit!

The Month Two Project from Scrap Tamers

Yes, technically month two got done before month one.  Month one is just waiting on hand stitching the binding and it is actually over halfway done. 

The month two project is based on two different nine-patch blocks that are then alternated to create other patterns.  The project can be done in just about any size.

Block one is a fairly simple nine-patch using squares and half square triangles



Block two is more complicated.



I had a piece of bright orange fabric in my stash.  I picked it up at a Mill end and had no idea what do to with it.  It’s metallic – almost – and has a bit of a coating.  I figured that it wouldn’t make a good bed quilt fabric, but a table topper would work.  Since I was already going overboard with bright orange, I matched it with several other bright fabrics and came up with this.


As you can see, Bronx approves.


Mariner’s Compass blocks

I’m moving forward, just showing some pictures.  These were taken quickly, late at night.  The colors are NOT correct.  The blocks are purples and greens, not pinks and brown/tans.

Should be a purple - lavender background.

Grey green background....

No comments:

Post a Comment